Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Catching up on life



Well, it has been an eventful last few years since the Grand Himalayan Exile. Here are a few events that have transpired and I would love to throw some light on each one of these in separate posts to give them the importance they deserve.

A failed startup experience. Lots of learning without any earning - Nevertheless, now I know what it means.

- Marrying a Japanese. I prefer to avoid personal topics but this one might actually help those in interracial relationships or plan to be in one or are curious about one. The actual signing event was so bizarre that even the Indian registrar couldn't believe - he, in fact, asked my to-be wife if she was being forced into this marriage because she couldn't pronounce my full name!. Well, if pronouncing my full name was the bar, it is too high for anyone to cross it.

- Life in Mumbai. In my earlier Mumbai stint (2008-09), working from home was decided by how much water there is on the street outside my house - Ankle deep, and you know that Kurla is under water and trains are not operating. Well, working from home has a new meaning with the current pandemic. All this and more on witnessing the life of an expat in Mumbai, what it takes to live in Mumbai if you are not from "here".

- Jersey City - the only thing that stops it from being a part of India is entry visa for Americans. It is a beautiful, diverse oasis where almost every culture can find something to call its own.

- Hikes around New York City - There are abundant "things to do" websites for NYC. I will talking about day hikes around NYC that can be accessed without a car. Not that I am against owning a car, I just don't happen to know how to drive one! 

- Canada - In a few months, I will be starting my second episode in Canada, a beautiful country with awesome people. I will provide a laundry list of items for first time movers to Canada. I have found a few blogs and articles that cover bits and pieces but haven't seen anyone documenting it well.

I hope I can turn these around in days rather than months...





No comments: